Monday, August 29, 2016

So Stoked

"Elder McCown, is it dinner time yet?" Yeah, that question gets asked a lot...Actually, I think that has been the question that I have been asked the most for the past 6 months or so...We have literally just been working so hard this past week and I don’t know where the time went. My new companion is from Palau and he is so legit! Came from probably one of the poorest countries in the world, and now speaks near perfect English after only being out in the field for 18 months...yeah he’s awesome!

I would have to say that this week had some ups and downs...not many of our investigators like to pick up their phones...I think that’s one of life’s greatest questions..."If people have phones why dont they pick them up?"...the world may never know.

We did have some awesome miracles though! We dropped by Tyler and he had dropped off the face of the world for the past week and a half. Turns out his phone committed suicide by magically jumping out of his pocket. Long story short, his phone is about as bad as ours now haha!

Best part of the week? That would be Emanuel! It was an interesting lesson. We invited Freyden and Manfred to come a long cause we are trying to get him to go to YSA...Well Freyden had another friend with him, soooo, we took all 3 of them!!! Laid down the law on the Gospel of Jesus Christ...did he accept a baptismal date for October 1st? Yes he did!!! So stoked!

Let’s see, not much else happened...We were able to meet with Wayne as well...Taught him the Plan of Salvation...Went better than I thought it would. One thing that I do love about Wayne though is that he says his concerns right on the spot and he does not do it in a demeaning way...he loves what we talk about and he appreciates it all, and I love it too, because, even if the lesson is not good, he still gives us cookies...

That’s about it though...I have gotten to that point where I think I have this place memorized. Finding streets that I have not knocked are a struggle.

Sure love and miss yall and keep on being so good!

Love

Elder McCown

No comments:

Post a Comment